Out of hundreds of Startup Weekend events, many teams stay together after the event to keep building. Ultimately, 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place doesn’t matter. Execution is what separates the great ideas from the great teams.
But the real and near-impossible-to-measure success is how many Startup Weekend alumni go on to launch a new company months later with someone they met at a Startup Weekend. Or otherwise get involved in a startup as a founder or equity-owning employee after Startup Weekend equipped them with the education or the confidence they needed to take the leap.
One thing is for sure: everyone wins at a Startup Weekend. Meet 10 companies launched in 54 hours and seen success in the marketplace.
1. Foodspotting from Startup Weekend San Francisco. A visual guide to good food and where to find it.
2. Zapier from Startup Weekend Columbia. Zapier connects the web apps you use to easily move your data and automate tedious tasks.
3. Zaarly from Startup Weekend Los Angeles. The Best House Cleaning, Handyman and Lawn Care Services in Kansas City and San Francisco.
4. Rover from Startup Weekend Seattle. Find a loving Dog Sitter.
5. Trackily from Startup Weekend Kansas City. Marketing software for food trucks.
6. RecBob from Startup Weekend Iowa City. Organizing your play.
7. LaunchRock from Startup Weekend Philly. Launching new events.
8. AudioName from Startup Weekend Portland. Record your name and add it everywhere.
9. Eventup – list your venue for corporate events.
10. FindMyTrain from Startup Weekend Phoenix.
Author: Aygul Zagidullina